About Face Dances, and Numbers...

> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:16:31 -0500
> From: "Jauvin, Jean-Pierre" <Jean-Pierre.Jauvin@Cognos.COM>
> Subject: Who by the numbers and Face Dances
>
> Hi All,
>

> Can someone please explain to me why The Who by Numbers and Face Dances
> always get such bad reviews? Actually, they are two of my favorite
> albums. I didn't start listening to the Who until the late 70s and ever
> since I never could understand why all the negative press.

I personally am not that familir with Numbers criticism, as a matter
of fact, I think it's more unknown and underated than actually put
down.

As far as Face Dances...Aside from the radio hit "You Better.."
and the great "ANother TRicky Day", the album, to me, and some
other people, is weird, weak, depressing, and at times plain
boring.

Hey, everyone likes what they like, but compared to their previous
releases, and with the loss of Keith, and Pete's problems, they
did a bad record. Or at least Pete wrote some bad songs.

I don't know how true it is, but I was always under the impression
that Pete saved his best work for "Empty Glass".

"Rough Boys".....Now if THAT was the Who...

Apparently Pete used his down time to write out his feelings in
2 places. I may even be as bold to state that he purposley did
a shitty job with Face Dances in order to hasten the break up
of The Who.

I sometimes picture Roger in the studio singing the lyrics
to "Cache Cache" and talking to himself like "What the fuck
is this !?!?"

Again....IMO