Re: Lyrics and content o' I Need You

>First: I was listening to the album A Quick One(I find myself
>doing that a lot lately) and every time I hear I Need You, I'm able to
pick
>out one more word, but I still can't quite figure out the jist of it. I
>know it involves Keith having a conversation with someone at a
>restaurant(maybe? could be?) And if i'm not mistaken, after the dancing
verse, he says something like," We will come and sitar with you..." Does
anybody else
>hear this, or am I crazy? (i've probably listened to it too much) But I
>could see how this song could involve the Beatles(someone mentioned this
a while ago)

>Andrew

Your right on a number of counts.  I've heard the middle section is
supposed to parody a typical night at the Speakeasy, the popular London
club.  The voice going "(?) (?) (?) the wives, you know" is someone doing
a Lennon impression.  Since the song was recorded not long after the
release of the Beatles' "Revolver" with its sitar track I think you're
right about it being "We will come and sitar with you."

Why don't you transcribe what you've got?  I'd love to see it.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta