A new album, please!

Mark Leaman wrote:

>Best of all, and possible if not likely: a new studio album. If
>Townshend has indeed come to terms with The Who, as it appears he has,
>it could happen. Perhaps even the abandoned Siege project Pete was
>working on in 1982? I'd love to see that.
>But...I think it would be better for them not to release a studio album
>if it's not great. A mediocre album would be worse than none at all,
>IMHO.

>What do you guys think?

I would absolutely LOVE to have a new Who studio album, and I think they
should work on one even if they're not confident it will be "great."  There
were several great songs on Psychoderelict but I think the whole thing would
have received much more attention as a Who project than as a Pete solo
effort (how about Roger as Ray High and John as Rastus, with Jodi Linscott
as Ruth).

The Seige project sounds like a good idea, but to take advantage of Pete's
consistent interest in older concept albums like Tommy and Quad, I'd really
like to see Lifehouse.  This has several advantages, including:  Pete could
write a few new songs but wouldn't have to write a large bunch (and he
SHOULD tour some new songs rather than just relying on the old), and ALL
those fantastic Who's Next songs PLUS the Lifehouse leftovers that showed up
on 45s or Odds N Sods would be played live and NOT just WGFA, Behind Blue
Eyes, and Baba O'Riley.

My sense is that the current tour drew many music fans who had heard great
things about The Who but didn't know squat about Quad, and this lack of
familiarity probably made it more difficult for them to appreciate the tour.
In fact, I bet there are many people who ignored the Quad shows because they
weren't familiar with this classic double LP but who WOULD show up if they
knew Who's Next was going to be the centerpiece of a tour.

(Aside to Yellow, who claimed:  "I am the only real Who fan.  The rest of
you are all figments of my overactive imagination."  I'll have you know,
young lady, that I may not be "real" in the conventional sense but I am the
only holographic Who fan, and, like the wonderful Doctor on Star Trek:
Voyager, I am a sentient life form with the same rights as you to see Who
concerts!)

Rich B.