Re: Shel Talmy

At 4:53 8/23/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 19:12:01 -0400
>From: briancady@juno.com (Brian S Cady)
>Subject: Re: Shel Talmy
>
>It was from this article that I assumed that the "Leaving Here" on "Who's
>Missing" was the Talmy version.  But I went back and compared it and all
>the versions I have of it (WM, box set and boot) are exactly the same.
>And yet I have heard that Shel supplied some of the tracks for WM and TM.
> I'd love to know what the real story is.

Some of you US folks may have heard of the annual music conference South by
Southwest which is held in Austin each March.  (I normally avoid it like
the plague.)  However, Shel actually attended one year and sat on a panel
(I didn't know this until it was over.)  It's a long shot, but if he
attends this year I will make a point of seeking him out and trying to get
at least his side of these questions and any others the list might have.  I
suppose the SxSW lineup should be known around late February.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend