Re: Moonie's death...where were you?

<< >This is a sad subject, but I'm interested in hearing people's stories.
 >  To all those fans who are old enough, how did you find out that
 >Moonie had died?  Where were you?  How did you react?

I think I told this story recently on the list, but since I love to tell it,
I will again!

I was working graveyard shift at McDonald's, so when the news came through I
was sleeping. My roommmate at the came rushing in my bedroom when he heard
the news and woke me up to tell me.  He knew this would be a big deal to me.
 Just waking up, the shock didn't hit very hard at first.  Later at work I
felt it and got very sad and depressed.  The radio played Who music all night
(even Cobwebs and Strange!) and I contemplated whether or not this would be
the end of the band, a prospect I found very dreary.

I got my idea for the tribute early in the morning when I was putting the
flag up outside, and only raised it to half-mast and left it there.  This was
Friday morning and I was off the next two nights.  Much to my surprise nobody
saw it until Sunday evening.  The manager was a little pissed when she heard
about it, but eventually got a good chuckle.

It still makes me feel good that I did my part to honor Keith Moon right
there on Old York Road in Abington, PA

John