Re: I Never Get An Answer....

>There is another side to this story, you know. While some people
>would like to just blame Talmy, it takes two parties to create an
>impasse. Talmy says he is owed money under a contract, and that The
>Who and MCA have refused to pay him. It would be just as accurate,
>therefore, to blame MCA for refusing to buy the masters from Talmy.
>
>=20
>--=20
>Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL

Here's my thinking on this.  I think Shel's already made a ton of money
off The Who from the court decision that allowed him a cut from "Tommy,"
"Live At Leeds," and "Who's Next."  The reason he got this money was
because a desperate bunch of 20 year-olds and their ill-informed
management were stupid enough to sign a contract (rather typical of the
time) that was nothing more or less than a form of legal slavery.  No
court in Britain would now uphold such a contract.

The thought that they actually owe him more money just turns my stomach.
My advice to The Who is to threaten to bypass him by making a "My
Generation" CD from the best available vinyl as they did on the box set,
and legally block any attempts by Shel to release his version.  Then
we'll see how long before he makes a deal.

We're just lucky they're not now known as The Artists Formerly Known As
The Who.

		-Brian in Atlanta