West Palm Beach

Howdy!  Well, saw the boys last night at their final performance this
tour.  Need I repeat others' reactions?  Oh, what the hell...they were
fuckin' great!

I've seen 'em 8 times before...all w/Keith, so I was skeptical about
this show (and longing after 20 years!).  Zak was phenomenol, Simon is
stepping into his big brother's shoes, John was "The OX!," but I truly
got the impression that Roger and Pete were tired.

Quad was performed in approximately 2 hours.  The next 1/2 hour of
oldies consisted of:
WGFA - acoustic
BBE
Substitute
Can't Explain
Pete's Intro of the Band
"It's A Small World After All" by Roger who just took his kid to
Disneyworld
TKAA - Roger on acoustic
Who Are You - Roger on acoustic

I hafta say disappointment set in.  They didn't seem to be as into the
goldies as they were tauting Quad, for, as Pete put it, this album came
out too quickly after Tommy, and wasn't as appreciated as it should have
been, hence the reason for this tour.

This was the mellowist of all The Who shows I have seen, which is 50X
more electric than most other bands.  I can't blame the boys (or even my
aging), I think it's the times.  Souls have been sold for $$$$, and
shows are so polished that there's no room for bonding.  Don't get me
wrong...I had a great time and enjoyed it all, but even the shirts were
not worth the price ($27!).

Hey, Kathleen, where were you?!

FIDYL
S. Fla.