Re: Townshend '96 tree announcement

Mason, re:

>One note for those not familiar with tape trading: please ONLY use NEW, HIGH
>BIAS Maxell or TDK tapes.

Just an observation. As a person who "used" to do a lot of taping, and an
audiophile, I recommend staying away from Maxell audio tapes.

While they are very reliable, they color the sound to the point of making the
reproduction annoying.

For a few cents more, I strongly recommend using TDK MAX tapes. Metal is far
superior to chrome. The dynamic range is much greater and there's less
HISSSSSS...
I've played with Sony's best metal tapes too and they are very close...

-wf