Townshend '96 tree announcement

OK folks - as promised

For those of you interested, I am willing to organize a tape tree of the
Pete Townshend 5/4/96 gig at the Supper Club in New York City.  Thanks to the
generosity of Mark Levine, of NYC, who made the source tape, we can get the
music out to many folks who either couldn't be there, or who were there and
want to relive it.  The tape is about 130 min long (2 C-90's); I am working
on putting any additional tracks not played that night on the second side of
the second tape.  Please remember that this is an audience, not a board, tape;
while its quality is very good, there is some crowd noise, especially between
songs.

If you would like to sign up for the tree, please e-mail me with a subject
header of "PT Tree Sign-Up", and include in the message your e-mail address,
your name, the state you live in (and country if outside the US), whether you
would like to be a branch or a leaf, and, if you can branch, what your equip-
ment is and how many copies you can make.

The tree will be opened until June 15 for sign-ups.  If you have sent me a
me with the correct format.

For those of you who do not know how a tree works, it is set up in a system
where you are assigned to a person to make a trade with.  The person supplying
you with your copy must work out a deal with you, even if it is for blank
tapes.  If the trade is for blanks, the person receiving the dubbed tapes should
at least pay postage.

One note for those not familiar with tape trading: please ONLY use NEW, HIGH
BIAS Maxell or TDK tapes.  I have had several people recently send me normal
bias tapes in trades - these are bad for tape deck heads, and many people
(myself included) refuse to play them on their decks.

Let me know if you have questions, but lets get some great music out to folks
who are a part of this here list.

Best - Mason

PS - I think this is on-topic - yes?