Re: Anyone else think...

Gary M comments:

<<the group totalled one of their rooms at the Queen
Elizabeth hotel in Montreal following a concert at the Montreal Forum, a
show I saw, which featured Quadrophenia of course. I believe they were
jailed overnight at Station No. 10,....I remember that Pete, when
asked about such hotel smashing at the time, said the group had tremendous
unused energy after their shows and felt like "running around the block
twenty times...". After a show!!>>

The aformentioned incident took place on December 3, 1973 and caused a
significant delay in the start of the December 4 show at the Boston Garden,
which I attended.  Don Law, the promoter, had his hands full calming the crowd
before the band finally arrived.   I remember Pete Townshend making some choice
comments about the Montreal Police from the stage that evening.

As most of you probably know, the events of that evening are comically detailed
in John Entwistle's "Cell Number Seven" from Mad Dog.

J.