Re: Anyone else think...

At 21:00 21/05/96 -0400, you wrote:
>jag:
>
>> Pt.2) At the Capital Center 73' Kieth say-"remember the place IN CANADA we
>> smashed."
>> Whats with the new version? I have a looming suspicion that he plain old
>> forgot his lines, but mabye, just mabye there is some reason. Anyone care to
>> comment....
>
>Wasn't this shortly after the who were thrown in jail in Montreal.  I
>think they were caught "smashing" a hotel...
>
>Luke
>
>Luke is right - the group totalled one of their rooms at the Queen
Elizabeth hotel in Montreal following a concert at the Montreal Forum, a
show I saw, which featured Quadrophenia of course. I believe they were
jailed overnight at Station No. 10, which still stands about mid-way between
the old Forum and the Queen E, just north of Dorchester Blvd.  The band were
not let out until they posted a bond. I believe the show was promoted by the
Canadian Bill Graham, Donald K. Donald, aka Donald Tarlton. Old Don has a
web site, and I'm going to ask him if he'd be good enough to pass on his
recollections of this infamous night in Montreal. I remember that Pete, when
asked about such hotel smashing at the time, said the group had tremendous
unused energy after their shows and felt like "running around the block
twenty times...". After a show!!.....Gary M.