Re: Is it censorship...for a moment...

Mark, Re:

> Bernd:
>
> Allow me to apologise to all of the list's non-US members for posting fav
> shows. It's just the sort of thing us old folks like to do when we're
> sitting around the bar discussing things.

You are forgiven.

In fact, I have accepted that The Who isn't the only subject of interest people
share on this list, and I don't mind if the discussion goes off-topic now and
then...  Many listers like (or dislike, eh, Fang?) certain American TV shows,
so why shouldn't they mention them once in a while?  However, after having
discussed your 247th fav show, you should begin to ask yourself:  Well, will
those Who fans over there really be interested in what I watched when I was 3?

> On a non-related note, have you heard anything about a broadcast of Hyde
> Park? I assume it will be international.

Sorry, I don't care since I have ordered tickets for the Hyde Park show (and
unlike Shanon, I am quite confident of actually getting them).  Hope to see
many of you in London...

> What kind of music coverage do you get in Germany?

Believe it or not:  I don't even own a TV set.  (However, I always watch quite
a lot of TV whenever I visit my relatives. - Ah, it's always a pleasure to sit
through some old Star Trek episodes...)  Therefore my information might not be
very accurate, but anyway:  We receive MTV Europe here, and we also have a
German music TV channel called VIVA.  I like neither of them very much since I
am not into today's pop music - though sometimes they have quite some good
`oldie' shows.

There are a lot of quite decent radio stations here in Germany - especially
since private stations were allowed in about 1985 - but usually I prefer my own
CD collection to the broadcast.  As for music magazines and such, I virtually
know nothing - surely there must be some, but I've never cared up to now.  My
most important sources of information about music are (sometimes rather old)
books and this list.  Maybe some other (more experienced) German lister can
provide you with more and better details.  (Christian?  Your turn!)

BTW:  I always enjoy your discussions with Ian et al. about who influenced
whom.  A lot of interesting musical background information hidden there... :-)

Cheers,

Bernd