Garys and Richards

AOL has been behaving surprisingly well lately (though never perfectly), but
apparently the following blather of mine didn't get through yesterday:

>(Damn it, there are too many Gary's and Rich's on this board!)

Too many Richards?  Then darn it, I guess I'd better de-subscribe.

When I first joined this list there was only one other Rich posting
regularly, but I believe he uses a nickname, "White something-or-other," I
forget.  To distinguish myself from the Richards who DON'T use a nickname, I
could "Bogie," which is a shortened version of my surname, but I don't think
it has any Who connection so I won't use it as my "Who list" name.  Actually,
that may be the basis of a fun Who-related game--can sombody draw a link
between The Who and Humphrey Bogart?  I suppose it might by way of
Ann-Margret or Jack Nicholson, if one can be made.

Anyway, I was gonna ask people to offer suggestions for a nickname (not
necessarily Who-related, though that'd be my preference), but I shudder to
think what might be submitted.  So I've narrowed it down to two:

1.  Black Incisor (in honor of a few photos of a smiling but toothless Keith
Moon)

2.  Glow Guy

And I think those people named Gary M. should add a letter after that
initial, like baseball box scores do if there's a Ron Jackson and a Reggie
Jackson playing--neither is simply listed as R. Jackson, but they're shown as
Ro. Jackson and Re. Jackson, respectively.  So Gary Myriad and Gary
Molybdenum (fictional list members, I think) would be Gary My. and Gary Mo.,
respectively and respectully, instead of both fighting over the rights to
"Gary M." or "GaryM" or "gary m"--all of which are technically still the
intellectual property of Shel Talmy, but I won't tell him of their
misappropriation.

Speaking of Yankees in the Hall of Fame, does anyone else wonder why, IF the
late Mickey Mantle was so great, how come he rarely had 100 RBIs in a season?
 And don't tell me it's because nobody was on base in front of him!!

More importantly (and pertinently), one of Madison's classic rock stations
has a new commercial of a guy who is bored out of his mind at an opera, but
he imagines that a few well-known classic rock songs are added to the score,
and the last excerpt used is the ending of Won't Get Fooled Again, to which
the Vikings on stage smash stuff.  I assume that this commercial was produced
for use by many classic rock stations across the country, so has anyone
outside of south-central Wisconsin seen it?

Enough of this 'stream of unconsciousness' writing.  Can you tell how little
sleep I've had this week?

Rich B. (or whatever)