Who etymology

This mailing list is clearly out of control, with its many flame wars and, at
the other extreme, really strange humor (or attempts at).  So I think what
this list needs is a pedantic, dull, and distinguished discussion of word
origins, viz:

1.  What is the origin of the name "Polydor"?  Is it just somebody's last
name who owned a record company?  There was a Gus Polidor in the major
leagues (beisbol) last decade, but I don't think he has any relation to The
Who's UK record label.

Taking a page from Michael Keaton in the underrated flick "Night Shift,"
let's break down this word, shall we?  "Poly-" is a common prefix meaning
"multi," but "-dor" is a tad harder to pin down.  There are creatures known
as "dorbeetles" and "dorhawks," wherein "dor" means "buzzing insect."

Hence, "Poldyor" probably means "a multitude of buzzing insects," a fact that
undoubtedly influenced Keith Moon to compose "Wasp Man."

2.  Speaking of hawks, in the 1970s here in the US of A, some Daltrey solo
releases were on the MCA Goldhawke label, the logo for which sort of
resembled Oliver Reed.  I seem to recall Goldhawke being the name of a UK
club, but otherwise have no idea why Roger would be associated with this
name.

3.  "Decca" is actually in my dictionary, rendered thusly:  "a system of
long-range navigation utilizing the phase differences of continuous-wave
signals from synchronized ground transmitters."  Sounds like the perfect Star
Trek technobabble description of Keith Moon as a drummer ("Hark!  I hear the
Moon aural beacon at a heading of nine-oh-five mark five-fifteen!  Set a
course directly for it!").  The dictionary noted that Decca Co. was the name
of the British company that developed this technology, but sheds no further
light.

4.  What is the origin of Track, as in Track Record(s)?  Just a clever play
on words, or was there something deeper?

Rich B.