Mr. Censor and a young Mr. Townshend

>>I've gotten four so far. Anyone else get more? I'm going for the record,
you see.
>>Since, as you know, my notes are so very often off subject. This note
should get me
>>another one. I'm playing it straight, though...not creating non-Who notes
in order to
>>get the record (that's fair enough, isn't it?). I play fair and square.

>I got seven or eight that night. Even on some I had nothing to do with
(i.e., Keith's
>cymbals). I must be completely stupid, so could someone tell me how
something
>about Keith's cymbals is not who-related? Maybe Rich could deign to reply to
these
>'misguided' accusations.

Actually, my experience has been the reverse:  Many people have e-mailed me
privately asking me NOT to write about anything Who-related, because I'm
usually so insightful on any given Who topic that I leave nothing for anyone
else to contribute, such as when I said that Jim Carrey should portray Keith
Moon or when I theorized that the 'pure and easy note' was H.

But my primary purpose in writing is simply to point out that there are at
least 4 people named Rich on this list, and I am NOT the one who is being
accused of acting like a Censor (or a Sensor, as in "Captain Picard, Sensors
indicate another non-Who comment appearing in this e-mail message...").

Rich B.

P.S.  Here's some very important Who content:  In the latest Peoria Record
Company catalog, there is an item that somebody on this list might be
interested in purchasing:
It's a flexi-disc called "Sounds Of The Stars" containing interviews of some
guy named McCartney, Cilla Black, Cliff Richard(s) and Pete Townshend!  The
catalog says it's from 1964 but Hanel's 1982 revised discography (p. 164,
item 32) says it was from 1966, which makes more sense.  Hanel said this item
was also bootlegged, but the Peoria folks say theirs comes with "the original
mailer" which implies legitimacy.  The price is $50 and I was sorely tempted
but bought Who and JAE 45s instead...

Has anyone heard this interview?  I'd be curious to know what Pete says.