Re: Mr. Censor and a young Mr. Townshend

At 11:33 AM 05/19/96 -0400, Bogie3200@aol.com wrote:

>P.S.  Here's some very important Who content:  In the latest Peoria Record
>Company catalog, there is an item that somebody on this list might be
>interested in purchasing:
>It's a flexi-disc called "Sounds Of The Stars" containing interviews of some
>guy named McCartney, Cilla Black, Cliff Richard(s) and Pete Townshend!  The
>catalog says it's from 1964 but Hanel's 1982 revised discography (p. 164,
>item 32) says it was from 1966, which makes more sense.  Hanel said this item
>was also bootlegged, but the Peoria folks say theirs comes with "the original
>mailer" which implies legitimacy.  The price is $50 and I was sorely tempted
>but bought Who and JAE 45s instead...
>
>Has anyone heard this interview?  I'd be curious to know what Pete says.

DANGER, DANGER!!! Do not buy this piece of <Picard>!

I have a vinyl copy of it with a black and white picture sleeve (probably a
bootleg). Pete says around three lines in it. What kind of audience he likes
(the kind that scream at you) and a comment about money.

The sleeve IS pretty cute, especially Pete.

Joe
-----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/