Re: WHO sounds good

Brian, re:

>     I've always meant to ask you wf, is it true that all tracks (except
>     "See My Way" and "Happy Jack") have been released in stereo somewhere?
>     I think I have them all from either the U.S. LP or the French "The
>     Who" LP.

Yes, this is true. And, the German "A Quick One" has best mix, best sound and
most stereo tracks in one place. No "Happy Jack", and no stereo "So Sad About
Us", but it's phenomenal in every other way...

>> I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  Are you saying the stereo
     "Magic Bus" on the CD is different from the original LP.  Sounds true
     stereo on mine.

Yes, very different. Apparently MCA used the same stereo tape (what
generation--who knows...) for all these CDs, even where the album called for
the mono version (ie Meaty Beaty). This version <Bashirs> compared to the
original Decca version, which has much greater separation AND very
importantly the right tonal qualities of the harmony vocals, which the CDs
made very tinny... Definately worth seeking out and recording...

-wf