Re: Joe Jackson?? (no Who content)

Doug Ciceri,

Oh, that's right! I forgot no one on this list is allowed to listen to any
artist outside of the who. I'm not going to defend him, his music, or my
appreciation of it. I don't require affirmation from you or anyone to listen
Joe Jackson or anyone else.  However,  I must be incredibly ignorant, because
when I offer an opinion about an artist, especially one that attempts to
opine about 'brilliance,' I would be certain to have listened to an artist's
current work beyond the early '80s. Would you base your entire opinion of the
Who on Face Dances and It's Hard?

Now, Doug, you are entilted to your opinion, however myopic it may be. I find
it refreshing to see such an abundance of obstinacy on this list.  I do
commend you on your apparent enjoyment of the full catalog of the Archies and
Christopher Cross. How could you compare them to Joe Jackson if you've not
listened to their releases? Oh, I see -- You were making comparisons to the
early '80s work of the Archies.

Litgo