Re: Joe Jackson??

Doug, re:

>  The need for an opening act is simply to kill time!

Actually, I think it has more to do with the club, then anything else. A
small place like the Supper Club wants to sell drinks/food/crap/etc for 4
hours, rather than 2. Therefore, their cut from the "built-in-audience" of
the headliner is going to be greater. Unfortunately, in the case of Pete
Townshend, he played the wrong venue and should have booked a place like the
Beacon with seats and, no mold... Personally, if I never had to see an
"opening act" again, I'd be happy. I'm narrow minded enough (or is that just
"focused"?) to know what I like and what I don't like...

>>On a related subject, couldn't believe what I was reading the other day!!
It seems that we have a Joe Jackson supporter on this list??

I used to like Joe Jackson once upon a time. I thought his 1st 2 albums were
good, then he did that jazzy <Picard> which totally turned me off...

>> It is my recollection that Jackson was not only booed off the stage, but
also had projectiles thrown at him.

That's what happens when you have a "mismatch" (and a rowdy crowd). At the
concert I was at (in '82) they threw off Joan Jett & The B-52's (who were
very good) in the same matter. There's only so much you can play when you're
splattered with ketchup...

>>Litgo, I guess that other Who supporters don't share your keen admiration
of Joe Jackson.

While others might...

>>I must say that I agree with WF all the way.

Let's not scare the others too much! After all, I just posted a few examples
of how we "disagree"...

So... there you have it.

-wf