Re: Chairman Pete

>Regarding the various things Pete Townshend has said, or allegedly said, on
>various subjects, and which have been discussed on the list lately, I'd like
>to make the general comment that Pete, like his guitar sryle of yore, is an
>exaggerator - he loves to make grandiose statements and also provocative
>ones.

My favorite was from a radio interview during the '82 tour where he admitted
that Leeds was not recorded in Leeds after all, but was from the US tour.
 The band had cleverly named the album "Live at Leeds" in order to avoid
paying hefty taxes for work performed and recorded while in the US.

I was shocked at first but eventually remembered it was Pete the exaggerator
talking.

Doug