Who rolled the tapes/WGFA in TKAA

Jason Hare wrote:

>>I'm afraid I'm going to have to bring up this debate again- whether
Pridden or Townshend started the synth tracks for the songs.  I have a
few audios where Pete gets fed up and yells at someone to start the tape,
yet I also have a few videos (Michigan 75 comes to mind) where Pete is
playing after My Generation and, (since he was the only one who really
knew when it was time to start the WGFA track) he bends down to touch
something on the floor.  Any ideas here??<<

Bob Pridden always rolled the tapes.   on the '75 and '76 tours pete would
sometimes signal Bob to roll the tape by touching the stage as he bent low,
playing the quiet guitar at the end of the my generation medley.   sometimes
he just gave him a nod though...

Brian Cady wrote: (about WGFA from TKAA)
>>There are other points that may have been shot later (I'm
suspicious of that shot where Roger walks forward through the lasers
and I assume the laser lights were shot later as well and edited in).<<

the lasers were used during the performance,  but i agree that that scene
with Roger was most likely shot at another time.

>> To achieve slow-motion in a film ... you would have to shoot the film at a

higher rate of speed AT THE TIME THE EVENT WAS RECORDED.  Since this
eats up a lot of film, real slow-motion is rarely used in
documentaries unless you are sure of exactly when the event is going
to occur.  Of course they could have rolled the cameras just before
the lights came up and captured Pete's slide on tape, but I would bet
the shot was staged to give the film an effective climax.  Was anyone
on the list in attendance at Shepperton that might could say whether
they saw this with their own eyes?<<

>From '71 to '76 pete always did the big leap/slide during WGFA.   Stein
certainly would have known this and was prepared to shoot it.   i wasn't at
the filming,  but i've spoken to people that were,  and both baba and WGFA
were filmed more than once at shepperton that afternoon.   Those two songs
were the reason the shoot was arranged,  Stein felt he didn't have good
footage of those two songs from anywhere else.   He had hoped to get good
footage from the Kilburn show in '77,  but the band were so 'off' that night,
 he apparently came away with little he felt he could use.
How'd PT's knees take that slide night after night on tour?   Knee pads.

Does anyone know at what show Pete last did 'the big leap'?    (there's
trivia for you....)