PT Tour

Paul Stevens wrote:
Subject: Re: Mould at the Supper Club
>>>What a contrast these descriptions of the Supper Club audience's
reaction to the opening act are from my experience at the Fillmore.
If it is true that anyone opening for Pete should expect to be
booed off the stage, it does not speak well for the character of
Pete's fans, IMHO.<<<

Paul,  i couldn't agree with your post more!   The show at the Fillmore
really did have,  as someone posted last week, a 'magical' feel to it.  i've
rarely seen Pete look as happy onstage as he did that night.   quite a
contrast to the shows the day before or the ones that followed.
The L.A. shows felt like a onstage rehearsal (particularily the early show).
  The audience in L.A. was not really very different from the N.Y. shows,
 the bars were just placed too close to the stage.   The N.Y. shows, while
great,  just didn't have quite the energy or enthusiasum of the San Francisco
show.   BTW does anyone know what happened to Dave Alvin, who was supposed to
open up both the L.A. and S.F. shows?

Rockit34@aol.com wrote:
>>>I am getting a bit weary of the bombast and vitriol which seems to be
taking up a lot of space here lately. <<<
you and me both....

Larry Lawthers  wrote:
>>>As far as why no encore on Saturday night, he ran out of time.  There was
probably another show of some sort coming in or maybe the union minded
despite what Jackson Brown may say in "Load-Out".<<<
that could be,  but i doubt it.   i think he just felt going back out after
the show he had just done would have been superfluous.

Here are the set lists for all the shows Pete did.

House of Blues, Los Angeles 4/29/96  Set Lists...
9:00 Show
Let My Love Open the Door
English Boy
Drowned
The Shout
I Put a Spell on You (piano)
Sheraton Gibson
I'm One
Give Me a Heart to Hang Onto
Cut My Hair (piano)
All Shall Be Well (piano)
Parvardigar
A Legal Matter  (electric)
A Friend is a Friend
Eminance Front (piano)
Slit Skirts (piano)
I am an Animal
Young Man Blues (partial) (piano)
If You Live Your Time Will Come (piano)
Embraceable You (piano)
Now and Then
Rough Boys  (electric)
I'm a Boy   (electric)

12:00 Show
Let My Love Open the Door
English Boy
Drowned
The Shout
Eyesight to the Blind
Driftin
Cut My Hair (piano)
I Put a Spell on You  (piano)
Love Reign O'er Me (piano)
Heart to Hang Onto
A Friend is a Friend
I am an Animal
Now and Then
Magic Bus (electric)
A Legal Matter (electric)
encore:
If You Live Your Time Will Come (piano)
Rough Boys  (electric)
I'm A Boy   (electric)
I'm One     (electric)

The Fillmore,  San Francisco 4/30/96 set list
Let My Love Open the Door
English Boy
Drowned
The Shout
I Put a Spell on You (piano)
Cut My Hair (piano)
Sheraton Gibson
I'm One
Heart to Hang Onto
Pavadigar
Legal Matter (electric)
A Friend is a Friend
I am an Animal
All Shall Be Well (piano)
Slit Skirts (piano)
Eyesight to the Blind
Driftin
Now and Then
Rough Boys (electric)
I'm a Boy (electric)
Encore:
Magic Bus (electric)

The Supper Club,  NYC 5/3/96  set list
Let My Love Open the Door
English Boy
Drowned
The Shout
Sheraton Gibson
I'm One
Heart to Hang Onto
Cut My Hair (piano)
I Put a Spell on You (piano)
All Shall Be Well (piano)
Pavadigar
A Legal Matter (electric)
A Friend is a Friend
I am an Animal
If You Live Your Time Will Come (piano)
Young Man Blues (partial) (piano)
Slit Skirts (piano)
Eyesight to the Blind
Now and Then
Rough Boys (electric)
I'm a Boy (electric)
Baby Don't Do It/Magic Bus (electric)
Encore:
Love Reign O'er Me (piano)

The Supper Club,  NYC  5/4/96     set list
Let My Love Open the Door
English Boy
Drowned
The Shout
Sheraton Gibson
I'm One
Driftin  (piano)
Cut My Hair (piano)
I Put a Spell on You (piano)
Heart to Hang Onto
Three Steps To Heaven/one line from Pure and Easy/a verse and chorus of
Maryanne with the Shaky Hand
A Legal Matter (electric)
A Friend is a Friend
I am an Animal
If You Live Your Time Will Come (piano)
Embracable You (piano)
Love Reign O'er Me (piano)
Eyesight to the Blind
Now and Then
Rough Boys (electric)
I'm a Boy (electric)
Substitute (electric)
Magic Bus (electric)

Three Steps to Heaven is a Eddie Cochran song.   the line pete sang from pure
and easy was: 'there once was a note, pure and easy'.
the set lists only tell part of the story though.  each night pete spent a
great deal of time setting up each song with stories on how they came to be
or what they were about,  giving each show a very unique feel.   a wonderful
run of shows.