Cymbal Wash ..

Yes, yes the cymbal wash is definately a Moonie thing .. I love it.  It
gives the music push that I would find very difficult to do if just using
the standard r'n'r hi-hat or someother generic rock feel.  You have to
also remember this .. since Moon was a 2x bass drum player, it would be
impossible to get those triplets and other moonisms on the b-drums while
on the hi-hat.  this cymbal wash facilitates this movement.  another
comment on the "wash" .. as a bass player, it is very difficult to keep
the time (like JAE did) to allow moon to go off in his own little world.
just imagine the ability needed to go off OVER moon's playing .. JAE is
just AMAZING!

oh a JAE note .. i met him at the Birch Hill Club on his last tour date,
in NJ.  I flashed my Bass Player Magazine (April 96 .. in case anyone is
interested) during the show, and he yelped and looked at me funny.  I
spoke to him afterwards and I asked why he reacted that way.  His
response .. "I look bloody miserable in that photo."  I wrote Jim Roberts
the Ed-In-Chief @ Bass Player and told him the story .. and he said that
they had taken over 25+ pictures with him and his basses .. and that was
the happiest he looked all day!!

Question .. the crackling noises everyone has been discussing .. is minute
1.49-1.53 on LAL (1st Track - Heaven and Hell) an example?? or is this
something different?

thanks!

praveen