Re: Opening Acts

>On Wed, 8 May 1996, Mark Leaman wrote:
>> I would say this: the opening acts aren't meant to be as good as the
>> headliner (what kind of moron would book someone who would eclipse the
>> star?).
>
>Herman's Hermits immediately come to mind.

LP:

Hendrix opening for The Monkees...

>As far as the lyric sheet for Helpless Dancer -- the cd insert has backwards
>as cold, old; but the original vinyl libretto (track) has it as on the
>recording.

And so does the gold disc, which I checked. I'll have to look at my old CD
version...

>Now how many of those CD's would you say are quality music?  Also, do you
>already have the Depeche Mode, Pobert Palmer, and Robert Plant collection
>that is present in virtually every single used CD store?

I was very lucky with my opening stock; I bought out a store in Athens
Georgia. With some damned astute trading, I'd say that I have perhaps 75-80%
quality music...if you mean sellable music.
If you mean music I like, I might say that the Rock section (a little over
half of what I have) has perhaps 60% stuff I like enough to listen to. But I
have very broad tastes. I like Motown, Elvis, and Chuck Berry as much as I
like Pearl Jam, Rancid, and Widespread Panic.
As for Palmer, I DO have several of his CDs...but I sold one today, even as
I was getting this EMail. Karma, perhaps. Plant...anybody want a copy of
MANIC NIRVANA? I have five. Depeche Mode sells here. I have only two left.
But I also have the excellent BACK FROM RIO by Roger (aka Jim)
McGuinn...something I've seen in every place I've ever been in.
Special on Ringo CDs this week...
I have no Who at the moment (except one cut on TWO ROOMS)...but do have
Daltrey's CWTSTM, Townshend's CHINESE EYES and PSYCHODERELICT (w/dialogue),
and Jon Astley's EVERYONE LOVES THE PILOT (Except The Crew). I had THE KIDS
ARE ALRIGHT soundtrack for a day...a new Digest member got it (he has yet to
post, though). Actually, he got the CD and the Digest address the same day.

                   Cheers                   ML