Goldmine/Letterman/Quad vs. WN

     A few quick notes (while he's away):

     1. The issue of Goldmine I referred to yesterday with the bitter Roger
     interview was 7/8/94.

     2. In discussing Letterman, did anyone notice Paul Schaeffer's Union
     Jack vest?  (I've always thought he was a Who fan; Who songs come up
     often as bumps and then there was The Top Ten list of names for fat
     substitutes and guess what Paul played?)

     3.  In Quad vs. Who's Next for Moon's drumming.  No I'm not a drummer
     (oh, don't start that again!), but I've always liked Moon's drumming
     on Quad.  However, finding the Quad CD a bit flat, I ran it through an
     equalizer to boost the treble and viola! (of voila) Moon popped out
     front and center!  And what a performance!  Throughout Moon maintains
     the surf crashing motif while filling the songs with drumming that
     seems to my ear witty and yet passionate.  And that ending to "Love,
     Reign O'er Me!"  To me, Moon is the star of Quadrophenia.  However,
     I'd still say "I Can See For Miles" is his best single performance.