Re: Meher Baba Albums

Lisa, re:

>I've always wondered how many copies of Pete's Meher Baba albums ("Happy
Birthday," "I Am," and "With Love") were produced.  Does anyone have a rough
idea?

I've heard various "rumors" like 3,000 for "Happy Birthday" and 1,500 to 2,00
for the other 2. And the reissues I've heard only about 1,000 each.

I'll say this about that... while the originals are more desirable in terms
of all the crap they come with (the newspapers/artwork/etc), the pressings on
the reissues are a LOT cleaner. "Happy Birthday" in particular had a real
pressing problem on the originals. I happen to have gotten lucky, but one
friend has a copy with an off-center hole another has a real scratchy
sounding one, etc... While the originals of "I Am" and "With Love" sound
decent, apparently the reissues (on the MBO label vs USL) use a thinner vinyl
and were pressed elsewhere... But, sound "professional" in all cases.
A lot more copies have shown up at record shows since "Who Came
First" was issued on CD.

-wf
 was