Re: long live rock & down with flaming!

>FACT 5: (maybe a bit of opinion).  We are intimidating the more
>timid members from participating in debates or just posting
>themselves.  People won't write for fear of being flamed.
>
>OK..I can't prove this one but picture yourself a 15 year old, not
>knowing too much about the WHO.  You see all these "older" guys who know
>"so" much about the WHO.  I might feel a little intimidated with only
>this to deal with, but then to see someone getting flamed, made fun of
>etc. for only aksing a question would probably keep me from posting.

David:

You're right on target here; no one should be ridiculed for "not knowing"
some detail about The Who; instead the info should be provided. Even those
who are very informed still don't know every aspect of the
band...impossible, that. All of the knowledgable people here I've seen have
their areas. Some with boots, some with concerts, some with history, some
with incidents...all valuable and it should mix well.

>2)  Someone mentioned, along time ago, if Astely, or even Pete T.
>could/would ever join the list.
>HA!!! they would quit after one day of seeing the (shit) petty brawls and
>complete juvenile attitute on this list.  I'm sure they would also
>leave with a very high opinion of us WHO fans.

That would be me...and I must admit that have I changed my mind and now
agree with you. If they had looked in on us, they would have shaken their
collective heads and signed off.

  Cheers                              ML