the Kinks

Someone mentioned the Kinks' use of blown speakers...I believe that Dave
Davies used to actually open up the cabinets and take a razor blade to
the cones to get that sound that we all know from "You Really Got Me" and
"All Day and All of the Night".

But just as minutia, I remember reading an interview with Ray Davies in which
he confessed that none of them knew how to take care of their guitars, or
even the proper technique of stringing/tuning their guitars for a performance
until they did a tour or a few shows or something with the Who and Pete
Townshend taught them how to.

How's that for influences?

Gary Leising