No Subject

WFAng01 says: (regarding the whole Pepper vs. Sell Out debate)

As for the "concept"... Hard to really say, but my guess is that The Who were
too busy in those days to worry about what the Beatles were up to in the
studio...

---------
Considering how important this album was, and considering what other artists
were doing in regards to it (trying to get acetate presses of it, Pink Floyd
members trying to get in to see some of the recording--despite being hard at
work on their debut album at that time--, Hendrix learning "Sgt. Pepper" the
day it was released so he could play it at his show that night), to suggest
that the Who had no interest in it at all is ludicrous.  This album was
incredibly important and influential to everyone at that time in one way or
another.  I'd imagine that if you looked up interviews with the Who at the
time or even recollections now, that you would find them mentioning that they
did hear the record, that they did think about it, that it did affect them
and their recording in one way or another.  Which, in other words, would say
that they were interested in and affected by what the Beatles were doing in
the studio.

Gary