LAL Recording Techniques

Reading today`s posts on this subject -  which has no little importance
seeing we are talking about rock`s greatest live album (or just greatest
album, arguably), I was struck by the comment which suggested that the echo
on LAL was probably added in the studio. Actually, I believe this to be
correct. I now distinctly remember reading many years ago, it may have been
in Rolling Stone, that echo was added because the tapes sounded too flat
without it.  Or it may have been in Dave Marsh`s book, which I no longer
have. Possibly a list member  who has it can check Marsh`s book on this. I`m
almost sure now that it was in Marsh`s book that I read this. I assume a
similar thing was done to the previously unreleased tracks on the re-issue
(because all the tracks have a similar overall sound). More likely all the
echoing was done in 1970. This goes against my theory of stage or hall mikes
picking up sound bouncing off a ring of hall speakers, but there it is.