Re: Who Bootlegs

>I'm a new member of the Who mailing list and I've noticed there is a huge
>amount of discussion about bootlegs.  Does anyone know how or where I can
>find these.
>
>thanks,

Scott:

If you have a decent "record" store where you live, you can start there. Ask
for imports; if they don't have them they might at least order them. If you
don't get them after a while (and that's often the case), you can go to any
"record show" that might be in your neighborhood (or in the largest big
city...there are none which have shows closer than 5 hours away for me).
Then too you can try used CD stores (I should plug them, at least). I got a
Hendrix in today, as a trade, for instance. Unfortunately, that's the only
one I have...at the moment.
Finally, and probably more immediate, you can trade for tapes. I will do
this, for instance, for you and any other member of this Digest. Just EMail
for my list...I have some 40 + hours of Who as well as many other things
that may be of interest. If you have nothing to trade, I do the "two blanks"
thing. Some people will; others won't. At least once you've got something
you can begin to trade. I started with only radio shows from King Biscuit,
and thanks to many helpful people (one of whom is on this very list) I've
been able to get some excellent stuff. So I owe at least the chance to get
great Who to others, I think.

           Cheers                          ML

NP: X, "Unheard Music"