various items

re: muzak Who -
I've heard muzak versions of A Little Is Enough, Let My Love Open The
Door, Athena, You Better You Bet, and (if you can believe it) Join
Together.

re: flamage -
Alan McKendree writes:

Gary, I think you are taking a pat phrase too literally.  This list
has a charter, a reason for existing, which is to talk about The Who.
It does not exist simply to demonstrate that freedom of speech is
desirable.  I bow to no one in my appreciation for liberty, but when a
person's postings hamper the intended function and value of the list,
it's not _their_ liberty to blather but the liberty of those who
read/post here for the list's intended purpose which should be
protected.  The power of some actions to "chill" free speech while not
actively preventing it has long been recognized in the courts; posts
which have a similar effect on the list deserve sanctions.
<<<

It may not be PC to believe in the Social Contract (Rousseau, right?),
but I think that it really applies here.  Hopefully, we won't need a
"police action" - just some self-restraint.  Gary, no one is talking
about censoring.  What we're *asking* is that everyone exercise a little
of what used to be called Netiquette in the spirit of making this list
more accessible and less hostile.  Perhaps Mark's example of someone
screaming "FIRE" in a crowded theater was inaccurate.  Think perhaps of
the situation where you are sitting in an audience listening to a pianist
play a solo piece, and someone nearby is blathering about the auto
worker's strike in loud tones.  No one is saying that person has no right
to speak, they're only requesting that they leave the room so that
everyone else can concentrate and enjoy the subject at hand.  "My rights
end where yours begin" is not a concrete, quantifiable statement.  It is
an agreement to mutually respect the rights of those around you, in order
for your rights to be respected.

re: Leeds - original or new & improved?
It's hard to state my love for this album without sounding melodramatic.
 After I bought the new one, it suddenly occurred to me that it felt more
like a concert, whereas the original was like a picture.  The original
six tracks were four quick punches to the body, followed by a right cross
to the jaw, finishing with a roundhouse kick to the side of the head.  It
seemed every time I listened to it, it was over way too soon.  The new
release has more humanity to it.  The dialogue and different songs help
with this feel.  It is a concert as opposed to a statement.  I love both.
 When I want to feel like I'm at the show, I listen tot he new CD.  When
I want to get knocked out, I'll flop my Decca LP on the turntable and
*crank* it!

OK,
KLW