More of the bleepin' same...

On Live at Leeds:  Sure, there were some changes to the original songs
that I've micro-analyzed (Thanks, Joe, for the plug on my Tommy micro-analysis
; Now, for audio quality analysis I defer to WF.  He does know his stuff here
- confirmed by independent sources! Personally, I'm not an audiophile.. I
will never get into any argument with one.  I'm not qualified.  My ears are
way too shot.  But I like exchanging chord info and guitar/amp setups with
others.  I do miss having Marty a regular contributor, but the guy who played
guitar on the Tommy Broadway tour is a regular contributor, and know his
stuff extremely well here.... )

...- and while we're on the subject, I know folks have
become disillusioned by the back and forthing between wf and others and
others and others, but somehow I've managed avoid that, and in fact have
had the pleasure of several personal (if only by email) contacts with WF
and they've been nothing but cordial..  There
are lots of temperaments and levels of ego out there, and I can with little
effort imflame just about all of them - but instead I normally just let it go.
No, I'm not perfect, yes, I have a temperatment, no, I'm not better than you,
blah blah blah.... And some of the feuds have some INTERESTING stories behind
 them!

And no, I won't unsubscribe, for previously mentioned substantial reasons of
my ownie.

On Tommy.  Yeah, it is a huge pity they've given it NO publicity... What`s the
deal?

Back to Live At Leeds:  I dunno; they were so ON that night, all of the
included songs have that stamp of excellence on them;  They add to the original album.... Scratches, no scratches, it's all the bloody same to me.

My friend Spencer (who taught me the hard Who chords and who has transcribed
the hardest stuff with ease, I might add, and whose transcriptions I'm about
a year late giving to the guy who has the transcriptions on the web...) used
to pull a scratchy Beatles record with no dustcover out of a drawer and play
perfectly all songs with correct chording (the one thing I will defend
VENOMOUSLY).

So the point was, I like clean audio, but it's not critical
to me... I mean the vast majority of the Beatles Live at the BBC and the
two Double Anthology Disks I've had previously.... Now its all just a bit
more cleaned up..... Since I had only bought the first four Who albums on
CD pre remix, this has been a perfect time for me to get the remasters....

JW