Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 80

>According to their catalogue, they said that was the case with "Who Are
You"
>and "Tommy" (the former being inferior to the Polydor and the latter being

>inferior to the new "Tommy" and the previous MCA version). However, no
such
>"exception" is listed under "Quadrophenia", so I would think they believed

>they used a "master" as their claim to fame. Personally, I think the Gold
>"Quad" sounds horrible, again, the Polydor sounding the best.

Hmmm . . . I definitely see a pattern here.  You must not be a fan of MFSL.
 I had the Polydor CDs of Who are You and Quad before I got the MFSL
versions, and A/B'd them all before chucking the Polydor discs.  I'll
concede that there wasn't a huge improvement, but I certainly preferred the
MFSL discs.  The MFSL Tommy inferior to the previous (original?) MCA
version? Not unless you prefer tape hiss.  And the MCA remaster was
mastered from the same source tape.