Re: Tommy

Jon, re:

<< Even worse than that, on all the copies of the re-release I have seen,
there is nothing on the cover to even obviously indicate that it is anything
new.  >>

Actually, they used "reverse psychology" on this one! It seems every "Tommy"
in the last several years had some sort of "label" indicating something on
it. While I was in Canada, the stores were full of the OLD "Tommy" which said
"Remastered by Pete Townshend", which, considering the new release is VERY
misleading (think about some poor schmuck reading about a "new" "Tommy",
rushes to the store and buys THAT piece of... <Picard>...

>>I can't believe that Pete, Roger, and/or John are not screaming at the
horrible way all these re-issues have been marketed.  What a disgrace.

I'm working on an interesting "interactive" Who marketing scheme which I hope
to fax to the "key" people in the next week or so... When I was at the JAE
show in Toronto, I was surrounded by several people who I was talking to,
that had no clue about ANY recent Who events, releases, etc, and they barely
even knew about the JAE show. There is no reason for this, and can be solved
fairly quickly, effectively and inexpensively...

-wf