gender at JAE shows

>>The audience was about 90% male.

>        I noticed the same thing at the two JE shows in NYC;  I even
predicted that that
>would be the case.  I've also seen other accounts on this list of this being
true of other
>shows.  Does anyone have a take on why this is so, and also, while I'm at
it, why is
>this mailing list 90% male as well?

I'll let others theorize regarding the maleness of the typical crowd, but
what I perceived, when comparing the Milwaukee crowd to the West Chicago one
a month earlier, was that the Milwaukee crowd seemed younger overall.  I
suspect that may be due to the club's proximity to Marquette University and
UW-Milwaukee (though for all I know one or both campuses might be on Spring
Break this week).  If my perception is accurate, then despite MCA's lack of
promoting The Who, their reputation must still be getting passed along quite
a lot by word of mouth.

And I think John ably proved that this reputation is well deserved!

Rich B.

NP:  When I Was A Boy