Re: MSG & Clapton

I am not sure that Quadrophenia lends itself to an all acoustic version,
as does a "Tommy" or even Pete playing some hits by himself.  It seems
that it would sell the work short.  After all, the crashing of the drums
and the power of Daltrey's voice on Quadrophenia are what make it stand
out to me.  This is an album that does not get the credit it deserves.
I feel that it is the best representation of the strengths and power of
The Who.  An all acoustic set would dampen that power, especially in NYC
in front of some 15, 000 fans.  I cannot even imagine Dr. Jimmy in an all
acoustic set.  In fact, to me Townshend's guitar is the least important
part of Quadrophenia, with the songwriting, drums, Daltrey, keyboards,
bass and even Moon's vocals taking precedence.

Kamesh Nagarajan					(315)425-7942

							knagaraj@syr.edu
Syracuse University College of Law			3L Demigod