Re: MSG & Clapton

>Mark brings up an interesting thought.  How about EC as the second
>guitarist for the MSG shows?  I don't suppose he'd do much more than a
>cameo at Hyde Park (since he's playing his own set), but I wouldn't
>consider it to be out of the question to have him play at MSG.  He and
>Pete are good friends, and whether or not you like his solo stuff, there
>certainly can't be any question that he could handle it.  Personally, I
>can't think of any better choice, if there must be another guitarist.

Kevin:

See, that's what happens when you're in the rumor corridor. First Dylan and
Clapton were going to play WITH The Who. Which set us all wondering exactly
where Zimmie was going to fit in the scheme of things...with an ugly thought
surfacing that he would be the "Godfather" (I still shutter to think of it:
"You de-CLAIRED you would be THREE inches Tall-LAR/Yes you KNOW you
DIDDDddd..."). Clapton playing and not singing is easy enough to
imagine...he did a wondeful job for Harrison on the last album.
Then it was Dylan opening for The Who. Great! I haven't seen Dylan since `78
and that was the "Vegas" tour anyway when he murdered I Want You (and did
the best version of Maggie's Farm I've ever heard...but I digress...), and
would love to see him again.
Now Dylan isn't playing (I guess). Does that mean Clapton won't be either?
OK, I can definitely deal with that...a stripped down Who is what I most
crave. An orchestra? Will it become Daltrey, Entwistle, and Townshend Sing
Townshend (and do I hear an album deal in the offing)? Oh boy, Back to
square one. Dylan wouldn't be all THAT bad on TPMTG...

                   Cheers                   ML