Re: Hide (sic) Park

Larry, re:

>As far as the rumour about him not playing, I read a recent interview
approximately three weeks ago where he basically said that he was not going
to be playing much guitar (I am paraphrasing now) during Quadrophenia because
he
thought that everyone is going to want him to come back out and Play Won't
Get Fooled Again and Pinball Wizard, which he does not want to do.

I don't know how much guitar will be played by Pete, but I'm HAPPY that he
doesn't want to do "Pinball Wizard" or "Won't Get Fooled Again"...  Geez,
let's hear a Who concert where they do songs rarely or NEVER played live
before. The "hightlights" of the JAE Tour and the last Townshend thingy, were
the "obscure" things.... At the WhoFest, "Relay" was it. I screamed it out so
loud at Giant Stadium in '89 that I lost my voice and now, 2 in from the
stage, THERE IT WAS...

Just think of a concert with part a) "Quadrophenia" and part b) opening with
"Heaven & Hell" (one song I'll never get sick of...) going into, songs like
"Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere", "The Goods Gone", "So Sad About Us", "Whiskey
Man", "Odorono", "Rael", "Dogs", "Going Mobile", "Relay", "Let's See Action",
"Now I'm A Farmer", "Glow Girl", "Slip Kid", "New Song", "Had Enough", "You",
"Athena" (hi Ian!) and closing with "Under A Raging Moon"... A little
different, huh? And this could be just ONE possible set list out of many that
would be a HUGE improvement over... "The Who's Greatest Hits"...

- -wf