Re: List content

Kevin, re:

>Please don't infer anything that isn't there. My statement was precise
and, I believe, reasonable. I would indeed be happy if the list stayed
on Who topics. I didn't say anything about e-mailing so-called
"offenders" or whatever you seem to *think* is lurking in that short
sentence you quoted.

I would agree with the above. However, here's an interesting story. I posted
a bunch of "political" replies to the list BEFORE I saw Paul's post.
Immediately afterwards, I got an e-mail from some "nameless" doo-doo head
"reminding" me to follow Paul's "directives" (reminiscent of "Mr. T"). This
is one of the problems with "censorship". Personally, I'm happier with a
environment that people can say what they want, handle their own problems and
not be fettered with "am I 'allowed' to post this?" The only rules I'd
recommend would be 1) no blatent harrassment of another list member (and a
definition of the same) and 2) no illegal content (we'll say that discussion
of bootlegs fall into a "grey" area). Once there is the "spector" of
censorship, all the little "surf nazis" come out of the woodwork with "Oh,
you can't say this!" and "I don't want you to say that!" Hey, some of the
list content is downright boring, but I'd rather page down, then discourage
someone fom having their say... As for people dropping? Quality, not
quantity...

Just some thoughts...

- -wf