Re: Stereo Versions

>>This is along the lines of my I'm A Boy post... Are stereo versions
>>available for those early singles? I know I'm A Boy is available in
>>stereo... And I know the stuff Talmy produced is basically only available
>>in mono (except for a song here or there). What about Substitute, Happy
>>Jack, and Pictures of Lily. Also, I know Magic Bus can be found in stereo,
>>but why does the mono version (found on the Box Set, Whos Greatest Hits)
>>sound so different? A much heaver sound than the stereo... Wfang?
>
>Very good questions, I wish I had better answers... for the early stuff...
>Other than what's been reissued, at least the ones you mentioned above are
>mono all the way around. The box set issued a lot of the rarer stereo cuts,
>(ie "Disguises"...) The only "proper" version of "Magic Bus" is on the
>original Decca vinyl LP... "A Quick One" on the other hand... Gee, I HOPE
>they do something...

Maybe the box did issue more stereo, but it seems to me it left a lot in
mono (ie, Magic Bus, the "narrow" I'm A Boy, of course the Quick One stuff,
the Last Time...). Still wonder about Magic Bus... How is the "proper"
version on the LP different from the stereo version on the Whos Better Whos
Best CD???

Mr. Stereo himself...

Luke

- ---