Re: Stereo Versions

Luke, re:

>This is along the lines of my I'm A Boy post... Are stereo versions
>available for those early singles? I know I'm A Boy is available in
>stereo... And I know the stuff Talmy produced is basically only available
>in mono (except for a song here or there). What about Substitute, Happy
>Jack, and Pictures of Lily. Also, I know Magic Bus can be found in stereo,
>but why does the mono version (found on the Box Set, Whos Greatest Hits)
>sound so different? A much heaver sound than the stereo... Wfang?

Very good questions, I wish I had better answers... for the early stuff...
Other than what's been reissued, at least the ones you mentioned above are
mono all the way around. The box set issued a lot of the rarer stereo cuts,
(ie "Disguises"...) The only "proper" version of "Magic Bus" is on the
original Decca vinyl LP... "A Quick One" on the other hand... Gee, I HOPE
they do something...

- -wf