Re: Stereo Versions

Luke, re:

> Still wonder about Magic Bus... How is the "proper" version on the LP
different from the stereo version on the Whos Better Whos Best CD???

1) On the original LP, "Magic Bus", the song has great separation and the
backing vocals, "too much, the magic bus" are very smooth.

2) On MCA's CD versions (aka "Hey, look what I found in the vaults!"), the
separation is much narrower and the backing vocals seem shrill, similar to
the 1968 mono Decca single.

Version 1) sounds great and is exciting to listen to, especially loud... and
version 2) just makes me want to go to the next song...

Of course I would have liked the drums better recorded, but that's a true
statement of most of the Who material...

- -wf