Re: Politics, etc...

Scotty, re:

> Why does a political thread warrant such an admonishment?

If I would venture to guess, it has more to do with the change in server,
disc space and maintenance of the same, then it does content. Personally, I'd
recommend sacraficing the "archiving" of the list (perhaps keep only 2 weeks
worth) in favor of (sometimes volumous) off-topic discussions, which make the
list (in my opinion) more interesting. In other words, "free speech" over
"archiving" (if that's what the "choice" is...)

I could be wrong... just a guess...

Taking the latest political conversations as an example, I find it
interesting to see what other viewpoints that my fellow Who fans have from
around the world. Personally, I really don't give 2 <Picards> about politics,
but I find the discussions good. Where people live or what they do has adds
an interesting perspective to the conversation... ...and this sometimes shows
up in Who related conversations...

Perhaps Paul will shed some light on us...

- -wf