Re: Quick One Stereo vs. Mono Debate

Mark, re:

>I don't know how into this technology Astley & Co. are, and this may be part
of the problem...but even the MCA tapes of MY GENERATION could be remixed
into stereo if they really wanted to. So it goes back to the same old thing:
what is MCA willing to do (as in: spend) in order to do the catalog justice?
Copy tapes (in the case of AQO) could easily be upgraded.

"A Quick One" is a relatively easy problem to solve. As for "My Generation",
the problem here is Polydor, not MCA. From what I've been told, MCA is
willing to come up with the $$$, Polydor is balking due to Talmy's claim of
back payments missed. During the "negotiation" process, I believe they've
agreed not to remix/remaster ANY of that material, including "Circles", which
was really a 2nd release of "Instant Party"...

The whole lawyer process I find sad and amusing at the same time. Especially
with Pete Townshend running around claiming that he and Talmy are now
friends!

- -wf