Re: Quick One Stereo vs. Mono Debate

Luke, re:

>A little off the subject, but any idea why Astley decided to issue that
fake stereo version of Whiskey Man on the new CD? Too bad he did not just
decide to issue it in mono. If it was true stereo, thats another story...
And seeing I dont really have access to the german copy, much less a good
(working) record player, I think that route is out of the question...

Good question. However, the answer's not good. Basically, he didn't spend
much time on the entire album (about a week), compared to mixing the
"Overture" which took 3 full days... Basically what he did was just "grab
tapes". There would have been more understanding if he just used the mono
Polydor CD and added bonus tracks. This CD makes no sense...

- -wf