Re: Quick One Stereo vs. Mono Debate

WFang01@aol.com spake:

>MOST of the stereo masters have been used on the GERMAN "A Quick One" (except
>for "So Sad About Us" and "See My Way") and believe me, they sound great.
>According to John Entwistle, those tapes are "copy tapes", but from my
>perspective, they sound better than anything else currently released and
>should be "tinkered" with to get the album right... Next to the German
>release of the album, the Japanese version has the most stereo tracks, but
>has "A Quick One While He's Away" in mono and the sound is not quite as good
>as the German copy. The USA Decca (and it's subsequent reissues) never really
>figured out what it was trying to do. Some tracks were in similated stereo,
>some mono, some true stereo. Overall, it sounded like <Picard>. Seek out a
>German vinyl copy and enjoy the album the way it should be listened to...

A little off the subject, but any idea why Astley decided to issue that
fake stereo version of Whiskey Man on the new CD? Too bad he did not just
decide to issue it in mono. If it was true stereo, thats another story...
And seeing I dont really have access to the german copy, much less a good
(working) record player, I think that route is out of the question...

Luke

- ---

LukPac@newrock.com
http://www.corenet.net/lukpac/

Co-creator of the Macinwash: "Cleans your clothes _AND_ the internet!"