Re: Calling it the Who without Pete...

At  2:50 PM 96.6.15 -0400, Mark Leaman wrote:

>While not having attended a show, I've heard a few...and frankly, I cringe
>when Plant attempts to sing an old Zep song (Thank You, for instance). His
>voice MAY be improved, but it's not very good anymore. And live, it goes
>bye-bye after like two songs.

This is not true at all!  I was as big a Plant slammer as anybody until I
saw he and Page live at the Budokan a few months ago.  I've done a complete
about face in my thinking.  He hit all the high notes and sounded GREAT!  I
was really surprised, as I was expecting him to just limp through it.

On the other hand, after seeing and hearing more and more '89 Who
performances, the sad, inescapable conclusion is that *Roger* is the one
whose voice is on the skids, not Planty (although he didn't sound bad in
DST).

cmh
http://www2.trn.or.jp/chris/index.html
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12
3-12-12 Shibuya-ku Higashi, Tokyo 150
TEL: 03-3486-8861 FAX: 03-3486-8862

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson