Re: Re[2]: My stupid theory

AThosWhite writes:

>>> ^^But why this sudden burst of activity on "old" projects? He's been
^^(more or less) free from The Who for fourteen years now.  If being with
^^The Who
^^didn't allow him to work on these things, why did it take him so long to get
^^back
^^to them?

Then, someone else writes:

> [...]
working on his "new" project Psychoderelict (even if it contained some old
material).  Shortly after this he was pulled into the Broadway Tommy project.
What came out of this?  A Tony Award, lotsa money, and probably a lot of
people
who were willing to green light more Pete projects, as long as they were based
on the old stuff.  This, and the expense and lack of interest in
Psychoderelict,
undoubtedly pointed Pete in the direction of pulling out and dusting off "the
same old song" so to speak.

        Pete discussed this on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, several years
back.  He said he was working on (what turned into!) Psychoderelict, and was
gearing up to tour, when he had an accident on his bicycle.  He ended up
hurting his arm (or his hand, or whatever), and just then he was approached by
some group to do Tommy for Broadway.  He figured that it was a good time to do
it, since he had to heal from an apparently bad wound.  (I think this is
referred to in the new Max RnB book, too.)
        I know this is a rough description of what occurred around 91/92, but
the point is, it doesn't appear that Pete would have worked on the Broadway
Tommy if it wasn't for his injury.

        Any comments are certainly welcome, and bashing is encouraged.

                        gary m.