Re: CD Players

Ken,

I think that the informational value of your private note is of general
interest, therefore I will respond publicly.  I hope you don't mind that I do
so...

Re:

> From kt@einstein.exa.com Fri May 31 15:51 MET 1996
> Date: Fri, 31 May 96 09:45:30 EDT
> From: Ken Traub <kt@einstein.exa.com>
> To: btm805@btrtx9.hrz.uni-bayreuth.de
> Subject: CD Players
>
> Brend,
>
> Just FYI, my Magnavox CD player which I bought about nine years ago has a
> feature called "favorite track selection", where it recognizes which CD
> you've loaded and gives you the option of selecting a preset program for that
> CD (only one per CD, though).  This sounds like what you were asking for in
> your post.
>
> Magnavox is the same player as Philips, which is probably how its marketed in
> Europe.  On the other hand, I have no idea whether they retained the favorite
> track selection feature in more recent models...
>
> Ken

Aaargh, how could I miss that?  By that time (i.e. nine years ago), my uncle
was one of the chief engineers of Philips, Netherlands, so he should have
known.  Well, his job was to develop and construct TV and computer screens, so
maybe he didn't care...

Yes, that would be exactly what I want (though it would be nice to have two
preset programs per CD to choose from).

Well, I think that my local audio retailers will get some very difficult to
please customer next week... :-)

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Cheers,

Bernd